Aside from providing necessary shade for the yard and helping beautify residential streets and communities, trees offer a variety of other environmental and health benefits. But just like people, trees too are living things – and this means they’re not immune from death or disease. These are just a few of the reasons why you may need to have tree removal services performed on your property, but there are a variety of other reasons when it may become necessary as well. In this post, we’ll take a closer look at some of the signs and symptoms for having a tree removed from your property.
5 Signs You Need to Remove a Tree
- Death or disease: As we noted above, death and disease are the leading signs that tree removal is necessary. Peeling bark, trunk cracks, dead branches, lack of growth and root rot are all signs that the tree is either dead or well on its way to becoming deceased. And while healthy trees are beautiful and help improve community aesthetics, deceased trees are not.
- Root issues: Diseased roots are one thing, but tree roots that have extended close to the sewer line or septic tank, or roots that are causing issues with your driveway or sidewalk pavement, can potentially lead to thousands of dollars in repair.
- Storm damage: In some cases, storms will uproot trees and make removal a necessity. In other cases, however, a storm might cause irreparable damage to your tree. For example, when a tree is struck by lightning, it’s common for a portion – or even all – of the tree to die. What doesn’t die is likely to become much more susceptible to disease in the future.
- Risk of potential household damage: Perhaps a tree on your property has grown over time where it’s hanging over a garage or a portion of your home that it could easily damage during a storm. If that’s the case and tree trimming wouldn’t make any difference, removing the tree may be an ideal preventative measure to avoid future home damage.
- Personal preference: Finally, some homeowners just don’t like the way a tree looks on their property, making tree removal a necessity out of personal preference. This is common among new property owners who have just purchased a home and want to truly make it “theirs.” A part of making a home feel like one involves ensuring the yard is what they want. Sometimes, this vision may not involve a tree.
Contact Us Today
For more information on the signs that you need to remove a tree from your property, contact Flores Tree Service today. We don’t take tree removal lightly, which is why we’re always happy to work with you and help you assess whether it should be removed or not. If we determine that removal is the best action for a particular tree based on the signs and reasons listed above, we’re happy to safely and effectively perform this service for you. Contact us today for more information.